1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Disable Android Folders Saving to SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tries, Jan 13, 2014.

1. tries

tries Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Hi
    Phone S4 Android OS latest versio.
    By default the following folders are getting created on my SD Card.
    Android\Data\
    com.google.android.music
    com.samsung.music

Is there a way I can stop this. I have deleted the folder many times and it comes back. Just want to see my own files and folders on the SD Card.

Thanks. I am an Android forum Newbee!

Advertisement

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    programs will create their own folders. usually better if its on the external than the internal storage. I don't mess with it. If it bothers you to have to look through your own folders mixed with program folders, then just create one folder MyStuff and put all your own folders in there.

tries likes this.
  3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Hello and welcome tries :)

The folders you mention :Nope you can't stop it, they are there for a reason though. I believe Android data is a sort of cache folder made by Android when you use your memory card at all either directly or indirectly. (I am quite happy to be proven wrong), the "com" files are added when you put in a memory card into a (Android) phone for the first time and will be re done if deleted. They are there to tell the system the SD card is good to use and there.

Unfortunately you will find an "Android_system secure" folder as well, this is like a "backup" of certain system files.

My advice is ignore them all. You can't just have things you put in your memory card without having Android add flags and data of it's own to "know" it's there and read things from it.

tries likes this.
  4. tries

tries Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Thanks... Cant see Android_system secure folder there.. Just an Android folder. Will just leave it as it is...