• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable camera shutter sound.

Is there anyway to disable the shudder sound that occurs when you take a picture? I've looked and I cannot find a solution.

Hello apgrenus, and welcome to Android Forums.

Fwiw, I've seen it explained here and there that most camera and phone-with-camera device manufacturers include that sound as an attempt at discouraging illicit pics taken in public unbeknownst to the subject of the pic ("upskirt" being the most common type).

I can't offer advice as to how to disable that sound, for the above mentioned reason (and that is not to imply at all that you want to do such things with your device, but some who land in here on a search for removing that "warning a photo is being taken" sound might be the bad guys).

Other opinions will ensue here, I'm sure. ;)

Upvote 0
You can do that. I did it on my rise.

There should be a thread around here about the specifics.

All you have to do is buy a file explorer and rename the extension to .old or something.

Its possible to disable shutter.

Yea but I don't want it to involve messing around with things. I have a nack of messing stuff up even though I do it right. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones