• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable Delete Option for Videos and Pictures

Hi,

I am looking for an app or similar, that can disable the 'delete' option for deleting videos and photos in my gallery.

I have 5 android tablets installed at my showroom, the client's kids keeps going into my gallery and deleting my videos and pics, I don't want to hide those videos and pics or apply any password or pin to my android tablet, i want them to have access but don't want them to delete.

I have googled but found nothing, all the apps seems to completely lock access to the gallery and hide videos and pics, thats not what i want, so help me out on this serious and urgent issue of mine.

My Android Tablet is simple and runs normal 4.2 KitKat version with all similar features of android phone, there is no difference between a android phone or android tablet, except the screen size is bigger.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Regards
Aneesh Bansal
aneeshbansal@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I don't think there is a way or removing the delete option from the app. If you could change the file permissions so that you no longer had write access to them that might stop it - Root Explorer has this option (long-press the filename and select "permissions" from the pop-up menu) but it doesn't work in all filesystems. Might be worth a try though. Otherwise you may be able to do it with terminal commands, but that will require busybox and I can't recall whether root is required for that (because I am rooted anyway).

One precaution would be to take a copy of all of your pics and videos and put it in a hidden folder (stick a file called ".nomedia" in the folder should stop the gallery showing it).

Reactions: Aneesh Bansal
Upvote 0
Dear Hadron
thanx for ur reply
but both of ur idea not working on my tablet, i have not rooted my tablet, but installed root explorer, it shows permissions, i can change them, but still file is deletable from gallery,
please tell me procedure to make videos and pics transfer to system directory, so that no one able to delete them
or procedure to make a guest mode on my tablet, so as i give access to see and watch videos to a guest but with limited access of deletable videos and pic permission

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones