1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disable/delete recent recipients/contact history

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Justme73, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Justme73

Justme73 Lurker

Need a way to disable either the recent recipients or individual contact history that still shows text messages and phone calls made/received for specific contacts even after I have deleted them from phone.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Removing the contact won't remove messages or entries from the call logs, because those messages/calls were still sent/made. However if you have deleted the contact I'd expect the name to disappear from those entries (the number will of course remain). If it doesn't, try rebooting your phone.

To remove entries from your call log, go to your call log, press and hold on the entry you wish to delete, select "delete" from the options.

As for text messages, just delete the messages or the whole conversation.

CertifCellular and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Justme73

Justme73 Lurker

I have deleted the whole conversation for 1 of my contacts however, when I click on the recents when trying to send a picture to someone, if I click on any of the contacts info and then click and hold the little button that pops up once I choose one, the complete history for that contact pops up, including deleted text messages. Seems like this would use up unnecessary memory? and I find it hard to believe that there isn't a way to do away with/disable "Recents" altogether.

4. Justme73

Justme73 Lurker

Here is an image of what I am talking about. When I hold the circled item down, the WHOLE history for that contact pops up, including already sent/deleted text messages.
    SS3.jpg

5. Hadron

VIP Member

Which app is that in? I've never seen that button thing you ringed in my decade of using Android, so I'm guessing it's a feature of the particular app (which may be your manufacturer's phone app - the phone app is the place I assumed your "recents" list was found).

6. Justme73

Justme73 Lurker

It comes up in the messages app when I go to share an image or a picture.

7. Hadron

VIP Member

Samsung messages app? I don't have a Samsung, so if it's a feature of that app I won't know about it.

Samsung Galaxy A50s Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A50s release date was September 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 48MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Exynos 9611 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

September 2019
Release Date
Reviews