• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable Desktop Long Press

JamesJoey

May 2, 2012
Everything I pick up or set down my Samsung Tab A it inadvertently long press the deskop.
It's getting very annoying.
An option to disable desktop long press isn't available in the table's settings or in my launcher settings (L Launcher).

Was wondering if anyone knew of an app that will disable the desktop long press.

James

hmmm, look into Nova Prime Launcher.

I have it set to lock the desktop... if you do a Long Press, all that happens is a menu jumps up asking if you really want to do that?

that is why I keep the desktop locked, I don't want my apps to disappear, or get moved in location....

Nova Prime also will export your desktop settings to the 'cloud' which for me is only me personal email address.... I never use a 'cloud service', don't trust them.

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0
That's a shame.

Maybe I'll root my device.
And then what?

Try Apex launcher - from what I recall when you lock its desktop it doesn't prompt on a long press, but it's been a year or more since I used it. Only takes a minute to test this anyway (install, run, set to lock desktop, try a long press, uninstall if it doesn't fix the issue).

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones