1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support disable front buttons in standby?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by altaub, Mar 15, 2011.

1. altaub

altaub Lurker
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Just got an Optimus V. Does anyone know how if there's a way to disable the front buttons when it's in standby? I'm having the normal battery issues, but it dies very quickly when i stick it in my pocket, and finally realized that the unlock screen is lighting up whenever one of those buttons is touched (almost constantly in my pocket).

I'd like to get to the unlock screen only when i hit the power button on top. Feel like i'm missing something obvious, but i've been looking for a solution for a while now.

Advertisement

2. MrTweaker

MrTweaker Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Remington, MD
    Can't help you with the buttons but you could get the body glove case with clip and carry it on your side. That's what I did. Good luck with the button control.

3. maylea

maylea Well-Known Member
    None

May 28, 2010
    there might be a key mapping program for a rooted phone but all I can recommend on a non-rooted phone is set the display timeout to 15 seconds? i know this is probably not very helpful. I keep mine in a thin leather case so I don't have this issue.

4. zrobot

zrobot Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Database janitor
    Baltimore, MD, USA
    This is worth exploring further. The front buttons waking the phone should be strictly optional.

I've notice that the pressure required to press the buttons varies. Mine are very firm, but the buttons on my Mom's phone are so soft just brushing them will wake the phone.

Tags: