1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Disable INITIAL screen lock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ProxisTech, Mar 23, 2011.

1. ProxisTech

ProxisTech Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Anyone know how/if the INITIAL screen lock that comes on automatically can be disabled? Reason is; I use the built in pattern lock and its good enough for me. I know I'm goign to hear about a million other lock programs but I like to keep it as vanilla as possible and the built in pattern locker is fine. I just dont want to have to go through the first screen lock and then the pattern lock. I would like it to just come on and display the pattern lock. Anyone? ;)

Advertisement

2. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Android Enthusiast
    None

May 17, 2010
    Joplin, MO
    NoLock from the Market.

Haven't tried it with a pattern lock, but give it a shot! :D

3. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    i treid the no lock it works good but it also disables the pattern lock

4. nebulosa

nebulosa Lurker
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Has anyone found a way around this issue? I also find it very annoying to have to go through 2 lock screens if you want to use the pattern lock.

5. willdogs

willdogs Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Only 100% I know of is to ROOT your phone and install a ROM that has no sense built in. a.k.a Vanilla ROM.

I'm in the same boat but haven't run into a reason to ROOT yet. For me the phone is working just fine the way it is (for now:))

6. tender

tender Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    This is my biggest complaint about the HTC Sense UI. It is very annoying that I need to first unlock the Sense lock, then the built in Android lock. It should only be one, not both. The pattern lock on the Verizon Droid (OG) was stock, and with one touch to the screen, the phone would unlock after drawing the pattern.

7. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    It's the simple things like this that frustrated me. With the BB, you just turn it on, and it goes straight to the password lock. No need try bunch of random shit.

8. efeyeesh

efeyeesh Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
    I have tried both liquid thundersense and sonofskywalker blackhole ROMs and neither of them helped. No Lock, as was said above, disables both lock screen and security pattern screens. I also bought WidgetLocker and that didn't work either.

9. jcnyc

jcnyc Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Ya this is a huge hassel. I tried for days to do this to no avail. Finally just gave in and installed nolock, get rid of the hassle all together. Nice to be able to turn the phone on with the volume buttons. And after using it for 3 months, you realize that touchscreens no longer need locks to prevent it from randomly butt dialing because it's pretty much impossible.

10. ProxisTech

None

Mar 21, 2011
    You guys may want to also check out Widget Locker in the market....absolutely the answer to all my problems. Its a tremendous program and NO I am not affiliated with it in any way!

11. Picaso86

Picaso86 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    New Jersey
    Widget lock doesnt work - this is really annoying to the point I want to get another phone... : /

I know I am OCD ! :[

12. ProxisTech

None

Mar 21, 2011
    what doesn't work about Widget Lock? it does pretty much every combination of things one could want. Plus the sliders right on the initial lock screen are awesome. The support was really good too. They guy told me about some hidden functions that resolved my problem. For me I wanted to use the volume button to wake the phone and Widget lock did that great but it would also adjust the volume every time...so he had me check a hidden box and that went away. Now it works perfect. Probably the most useful app I have on my Bolt.

13. Picaso86

Picaso86 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    New Jersey
    can you tell me how set Widget Locker in a password/pattern lock? I dont like the sliders... I went thru all the setting and I can find one. ... :thinking:

14. marblerdz

marblerdz Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    i used a pattern lock on my fone, but i dont remember the pattern, i need to unlock it does anyone know how i can do unlock my fone?