• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable intelligent lockscreen

Toofunnyto

Lurker
Jun 13, 2017
I updated my software on Saturday. Now i get this "Intelligent lockscreen" at night only.

It has the words good evening or good morning with a random picture in the background. Could be one of mine, but mostly not.

It requires ä swipe to dismiss, only to take me to my normal lockscreen which i also have to awipe to dismiss.
Is there a way to disable this feature? I like the regular lockscreen just don't want this intelligent one.

Thanks

Reactions: rohrbackerchuck
I updated my software on Saturday. Now i get this "Intelligent lockscreen" at night only.

It has the words good evening or good morning with a random picture in the background. Could be one of mine, but mostly not.

It requires ä swipe to dismiss, only to take me to my normal lockscreen which i also have to awipe to dismiss.
Is there a way to disable this feature? I like the regular lockscreen just don't want this intelligent one.

Thanks

Also trying to disable this feature. Showed up after my last system update. Can anyone please explain how i disable this "intelligent lock screen".

Upvote 0

Thanks
Also trying to disable this feature. Showed up after my last system update. Can anyone please explain how i disable this "intelligent lock screen".

Upvote 0
Toofunnyto, what was the name of the app you disabled in App Manager? I didn't see anything called Intelligent* or Lockscreen* in the App Manager. (Really want to turn off this annoying "intelligent" feature)
Toofunnyto, what was the name of the app you disabled in App Manager? I didn't see anything called Intelligent* or Lockscreen* in the App Manager. (Really want to turn off this annoying "intelligent" feature)

Oh my goodness, sorry! I had read somewhere that it might be the peel remote software so that is what i disabled.

Upvote 0
I can't dismiss this. I'm leary about touching either "Later" or "OK, got it" for several reasons. "Welcome to an Intelligent Lock Screen..." this is bad English, this is UNwanted. Think about it - it makes no sense. Buttons could be labeled as anything and actually lead to gawd knows where. So I can't disable Peel - I can't do anything

Upvote 0
I have disabled the intelligent lock screen going in Settings --> System --> Security and the very last option, at the bottom, it shows Smart Lock.
In there you have 4 options:
On-body detection (got in there and switched it off)
Trusted places
Trusted devices
Trusted voice
So as mentioned, if you switch off the On-body detection mode, then everything will get back to normal and your screen should lock as normal.
Hope this helped.

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones