1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disable keyboard button on Nav Bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bunraku, Aug 3, 2017.

1. bunraku

bunraku Newbie

Dave McQueen

Hi

Only got my S8 yesterday and pretty much installed Smart Keyboard Pro immediately. From today for some reason I am now getting a little keyboard icon on the far right. It is giving me a choice of Google KB, Smart KB or Samsung KB. It's annoying me as it's where the back arrow used to be. Now to the left of the KB icon there is a down arrow I have to press and then the back arrow.

This wasn't there yesterday and I was using Smart KB all day. So as much as I think it's to do with using another KB I think it must a setting that's changed somewhere.

Any way to get rid of this?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fecallacies

fecallacies Guest

Some app update daily, you could have recieved a update over night that gifted you that little gem.

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

That's been a feature for a good few years. I'm not 100% but I'll guess it started with kitkat. Before that to change the keyboard you were using on the fly you had to pull down the notification bar and the option would be there. The only way I can think of to get rid of it would be to uninstall or freeze every other keyboard on your phone. I wouldn't recommend that though as if the one you're using gets screwed with an update you'd be left without a keyboard. It annoyed me at first too but you'll get used to it ;)

4. Shotgun84

Sorry just reread. No idea why the back button is hidden behind an extra step.

5. Shotgun84

Re-reread andeven installed Smart Keyboard and yeah that's just the Samsung firmware. Press the down button to close the keyboard and then press the back button to go back.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews