1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Disable Knox on SIII T999L

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pfoneguy, Dec 15, 2014.

1. pfoneguy

pfoneguy Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 30, 2013
    Male
    Well since it seems you can no longer search a specific forum or thread I'll just post my question. At least I can't find any search tool other that advanced and it inundates you. Too bad they ruined the layout of the forum!

I just picked up an SG SIII T999L and the device is stock not rooted. I had not even activated the device or installed a SIM.
    I get this Security warning: "An application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. This attempt has been blocked. Updating your security policy may solve this problem. Deleting applications obtained from unauthorized sources may improve security"
    Offers a box to cancel for 30 days
    Below that are option to: Cancel - Update- View apps
    Clear it and it comes back immediately. It gives me no reference to what application is causing this.
    Update and it just shows Latests security policy has already been applied.
    View apps and it goes to Down loaded and 1 app is present
    GALAXY Apps
    Long pressing the notification brings up the Knox Notification Manager with no ability to turn it off.
    Looking at the description to disable Knox without Root access (Link How to Disable/Uninstall Knox on your Samsung Galaxy Phones and Tablet) tells me to open the app and then go to settings? When I open the app it asks me to install it? If it is not installed how can it be blocking apps?
    What to do? Install the app and then install it?
    I don't want to install making matters worse so I thought I would ask before attempting that..

This all happens with a SIM installed and the device functioning as well. If I check the box it will cease notifications for 30 days, but I would just like to get rid of this if I can.
    TIA

Advertisement