1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disable notification for mobile network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RodBarnes, Sep 30, 2019.

1. RodBarnes

RodBarnes Newbie

I have begun getting an audible notification whenever my phone switches from 4G to some other mobile network. It is annoying and I'd like to disable this. I haven't been able to find anything that appears related. I've found a "Mobile Network" page but nothing about notifications there. I even looked under "Developer Options" but saw nothing there.

I searched and found this article https://androidforums.com/threads/disable-notification-for-no-nearby-wifi-network.1220591/ but my phone has no "Network Notifications" page which I can find.

I'm running Android 8.0

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

The link you provided pertains to WiFi settings, the issue you stated is a cellular connection matter. They are both wireless connections but work differently. Try looking in your Settings menu for cellular options, not WiFi options, or in the Sound menu.

3. RodBarnes

RodBarnes Newbie

@svim -- Thank you; I understood the difference. My point was that it was the only article I found that appeared related to what I was attempting. I've found nothing under any area of settings that pertains to notifications of mobile connections.

4. RodBarnes

RodBarnes Newbie

That link is for adjusting the general sound settings. I has zero to do with mobile network notifications or any notifications.

I was hoping that someone with an S7/Android 8 who had encountered this and found a solution would reply. I'll go back to comparing my phone to my wife's S7 as hers does not exhibit this behavior.

5. RodBarnes

RodBarnes Newbie

FIXED: After an exhaustive search, I found nothing related to enabling/disabling mobile network notifications. I found it was actually an app notification: RTM (Remember the Milk), a task manager. It has a notification "Remember the Milk Alert Service" which triggered every time the service connected/disconnected from the network. So, any loss or regaining of the mobile network was emitting this notification.

To alter this notification:
    • Tap Settings/Apps/Notifications/Remember the Milk
    • Tap "Remember the Milk Alert Service" to disable it. Alternatively, you can leave it enabled and turn off the sound, leave a visual notification, etc.
    For those who have read this far: The way I found this was going into the system sounds (Settings/Sounds/Notification sounds) and listening to each until I found the one that was playing -- "Charming Bell", in this instance -- and then going through each app's notifications looking for one that was using that sound. When I found one, I changed it to something else more obnoxious and noticeable, making it unique from other sounds so I could confirm which app might be doing this. Tedious and time consuming but, fortunately, I have solved the issue.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews