• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Disable Optical Trackpad?

sandroid

May 6, 2010
So I've been experiencing a minor hardware glitch since I got the phone. Every once in a while the optical trackpad glitches out and scrolls the phone all the way up in whatever I'm using -- messaging, browser, email, anything. I'm not sure if this is similar to the left-scrolling glitch a lot of people were experiencing early on. I didn't want to return the phone in the beginning because I didn't feel like waiting another month for a replacement, plus it doesn't happen enough for it to be an incredible nuisance and all it takes is a couple of horizontal swipes to stop it when it happens.

My question is, with my phone rooted is there anyway to disable the optical trackpad entirely? I don't think I've ever used it once and would gladly compromise it if it meant no more upward scrolling.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones