• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable Pattern Lock Issues

JScottTuck

Lurker
Jul 17, 2013
I am having some issues with getting Tasker and Secure Settings to disable my pattern lock. It's weird. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My Galaxy Nexus with Cyanogenmod is rooted, Tasker and Secure Settings both have root permissions, and I even set both as Administrator under the security settings. I've noticed if I reboot the phone, or uninstall and reinstall secure settings, it will work fine for a day or so, but then stops. I've also noticed that the "toast" that pops up on the screen to let you know Secure Settings has performed a task doesn't come up.

I checked the Tasker log file, and it shows "Status: OK" 9.2.2 Anon.Secure Settings, so it appears to be executing the task properly. It appears as if Secure Settings just isn't functioning.

Basically, what should happen is that when I disconnect from my car dock, Tasker should re-enable the Pattern Lock.

Profile looks like this:

Context:
Docked Car

Enter Task

1. Variable Set
Name %Car To on

2. Secure Settings
Configuration - Keyguard Disabled/BG

3. Secure Settings
Configuration - Pattern Lock Disabled

Exit Task

1. Variable Set
Name %Car To off

2. Car Mode
Set off

3. Secure Settings
Configuration - Pattern Lock Enabled

Restore Settings and Enforce Task Order are both unchecked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones