1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Disable phone keypad vibration?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GodCountryND, Jun 18, 2010.

1. GodCountryND

GodCountryND Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Missouri
    Is it possible to make the keypad on the phone not vibrate? I have haptic feedback disabled and the only two things that vibrate are the unlock (which I dont mind) and the keypad on the phone. I would really love to turn that off. Does anyone know if this is possible?

----------------
    Now playing: Alison Krauss & Union Station - Get Me Through December via FoxyTunes

Advertisement

2. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Here you go:
    forum.sdx-developers.com/android-2-1-development/(mod)-haptic-feedback-removal-dialer-slidingtab/

3. GodCountryND

Jan 17, 2010
    Missouri
    Hey thanks for the link. i just reflashed to all stock because ive been having problems with sounds stopping sometimes and I want to be able to take it back to Sprint if it keeps it up so I prob wont do this for now. I dl'd dialer one from the market and have been using that since it has an option of turning off vibration.

4. GodCountryND

Jan 17, 2010
    Missouri
    Ok so i ended up doing this after all. It works, but unfortunately it overrides the color scheme of the custom theme I had installed.

5. Mark404

Mark404 New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Anything less complicated for us non technical users ?

6. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    yeah, sorry about that. :) it's actually not too hard of a fix - if you'd want to manually edit your themed version and such...