• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable Predictions/Autocorrect on Hardware Keyboard?

xjjjay

Lurker
Dec 12, 2009
This issue is bugging me a LOT!

G1 running Cyan's 4.2.7.1

I'd like to disable prediction and autocorrect when typing on the hardware keyboard. A thin bar spanning the bottom of the screen shows up with word predictions, and automatically corrects to the closest match when I press space. Happens when composing in gmail, handcent, the market, address input in browser, and probably everywhere else.

I've tried settings/locale & text/device keyboard/auto-replace, checked and unchecked. Doesn't change a thing.

Your help is appreciated.

I have been having this issue as well, it is so bad with the universal search that I sometimes cannot get to sites without first going to google.com and then searching for the site and clicking on the link.

This is very tiresome when you just want it gone. I have turned off and on all the predictive/spelling options with the regular keyboard as well as touch input and nothing works.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones