• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable / Remove Create Your Own Emoji's

cwg01

May 9, 2014
I swear, some new annoyance every update.

Apparently a few feature was foisted onto my messaging app which allows one to create their own emoji's.

And I can't find a means to dismiss it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220407-121921_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220407-121921_Messages.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 242
I swear, some new annoyance every update.

Apparently a few feature was foisted onto my messaging app which allows one to create their own emoji's.

And I can't find a means to dismiss it.

Samsung's custom emoji feature is actually in the phone's stock Samsung keyboard, and NOT your messaging app. As I use Swiftkey and not the stock Samsung keyboard I never see it. So AFAIK to avoid seeing the custom emoji feature, perhaps use a third-party keyboard, e.g. Swiftkey, or Gboard, etc.

FYI you can change keyboard to Gboard etc. by tapping on the keyboard icon bottom right.
keyboard.jpg

EDIT:

I'm sure you can disable the Samsung custom emoji suggestions in the Samsung keybaord settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Samsung's custom emoji feature is actually in the phone's stock Samsung keyboard, and NOT your messaging app.

I'm sure you can disable the Samsung custom emoji suggestions in the Samsung keybaord settings.

WAY to the right of the emoji bar there was the settings for disabling much of the blinking bling, thank you very much.

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones