• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable Some Unlocks

menu>settings>location and security>change screen lock. You may have to change the time which is within the same menu as the change screen lock option. Mine was set to twenty minutes as a default. ;)

Thanks but that doesn't seem to do what I am trying to do which is: get rid of the swipe on the main screen to unlock the phone and use a pattern or password INSTEAD. This method enables a password or pattern but does not get rid of the swipe. So now I have to swipe AND enter a password. I want password only - no swipe.

Peter

Upvote 0
Apparently I am a complete moron. I do have the swipe to unlock. It must be second nature to swipe it because I don't even realize I am doing it. Sorry for the misinformation...... :thinking:

OK. Good to know it's not just me.

It does seem pointless to have the swipe when you have another more secure unlock enabled. Friends of mine who have Samsung Android phones do not have this problem. When they enable a pattern or pin the swipe goes away.

My original message was to inquire as to whether there is an app that will give this behavior to a Razr. So far, no luck.

Peter

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones