1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disable Sprint Connection?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fuzzyreets, Dec 27, 2011.

1. fuzzyreets

fuzzyreets Well-Known Member

HI folks. I just bought one of these on eBay used and I got it today and the 3G connection is still working! I feel weird about using that especially transmitting my data over that connection because I have no idea if someone could potentially be grabbing my logins or something. I guess that's doubtful but who knows? Anyway, is there a way to disable the 3G sprint connection? I would like to remove all of it. I thought about actually installing the ICS Alpha 3. Thoughts?

I have no idea if the person that sold this realizes that or not but I did contact them and have yet to hear back. I'm weary about entering personal information on the device because I'm wondering if it's possible someone installed something into the firmware somewhere that would make it "phone home" to some place with all my login information. Is this possible? Is there a way to check this? Not sure how to proceed. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

You can do a full factory reset, which removes all apps, and brings it back to original out-of-box condition. From settings, go to privacy, and choose factory data reset.

3. fuzzyreets

fuzzyreets Well-Known Member

Right I did do that but can things be installed in the firmware that can track things? Isn't it weird that it still has 3g capabilities?

4. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

If that's a concern, you can root the phone (if it isn't already done), and load everything from scratch. If, in the unlikely event, something is still hanging around, that will clean it out.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews