• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable Sprint Connection?

fuzzyreets

Aug 19, 2010
HI folks. I just bought one of these on eBay used and I got it today and the 3G connection is still working! I feel weird about using that especially transmitting my data over that connection because I have no idea if someone could potentially be grabbing my logins or something. I guess that's doubtful but who knows? Anyway, is there a way to disable the 3G sprint connection? I would like to remove all of it. I thought about actually installing the ICS Alpha 3. Thoughts?

I have no idea if the person that sold this realizes that or not but I did contact them and have yet to hear back. I'm weary about entering personal information on the device because I'm wondering if it's possible someone installed something into the firmware somewhere that would make it "phone home" to some place with all my login information. Is this possible? Is there a way to check this? Not sure how to proceed. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones