1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Disable "Subscription Upgrade Required" notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mondev, Jul 26, 2010.

1. mondev

mondev Active Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Hello, I just recently bought the Samsung Behold 2 and installed the Behold 2 1.6 No Twiz from this forum and so far I'm loving it! Much faster than the stock rom.

Now the only problem I have is that when I use an app with ads, such as Alarm Clock Plus V2, I get this "Subscription Upgrade Required" page from my browser since I don't have a data plan. I really don't need a data plan since I just connect through Wi-fi to download all necessary apps/games from the market and use the web.

So my question is, is it possible to disable these notifiers? I mean, if I'm connected through Wi-fi I don't get these notifiers, but that's not always the case. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. bakasamaz

bakasamaz Active Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Pelajar
    Change the apn settings to other than Default setting. or you could just fill everything blank. :D

3. slmar123

slmar123 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    There are probably other ways to do this, but I use a free App called Quick Settings and simply Turn Off/Disable APN Control when I don't need it. I too don't have a data plan and just use my Wifi at home. Recently I updated Astro and it became impossible to use because browser pages kept popping up. After I disabled APN the problem went away. I just reenable it later to receive text message services.