• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable touchpad on Rii mini BT keyboard?

danboid

Jun 9, 2013
Hi all!

I've recently purchased the Rii mini bluetooth keyboard w/ integrated touchpad for use with my Nexus 4 which is running the stock JB ROM. The keyboard and touchpad work fine but I've been hunting to try and discover if there is any way I can temporarily disable the touchpad or even just temp. disable or remap the left and right mouse buttons for the Rii's touchpad?

The Rii BT touchpad is great for use under bvnc but because the mouse/touchpad buttons are so close to the dpad its almost impossible to not accidentally push them when using the dpad a lot. Hence, I cannot currently use this device to control MAME4droid reloaded as every time I accidentally click it brings up the main menu, pausing the game.

JB seems to have little to no integrated support for BT HID so I've installed BluekeyboardJP but that has no options to disable the touchpad or its buttons that I can see. I have written to its developer as well as the dev of MAME4droid to see if they have any suggestions - maybe they'll add a new option to their next release to fix my problem but is there anything else I can try in the mean time without buying a new BT keyboard or joypad?

Thanks for your suggestions!

One potential workaround that I forgot to mention would just be to avoid using the Rii mini keyboard's dpad and just use a different set of keys but I don't think that would be usable for most games.

I wrote to 3 different Android devs over the weekend - two were relating to this problem and I also reported a bug in the latest Airdroid but not one has replied to me. This seems to be in stark contrast to most active open source projects under Linux proper where devs are usually prompt to reply to bug reports :/

Upvote 0
Old Post I know , but on my Rii K12+ keyboard you have to press the "Fn + Left Mouse Click" icon key on the lwer left corner of the keyboard.

Attachments

• Rii K12+ = Touch Pad = Disable & Enable .jpg
    Rii K12+ = Touch Pad = Disable & Enable .jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones