• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable USB annoyances

acunningham

Jul 2, 2009
Does anyone know how to disable the following annoying events when the USB cable is connected?

1. The "Press the home key to quit Samsung Kies" page when charging the battery from a laptop. I never use this application, I just want to charge the battery.

2. The "Activating USB mode will deactivate Bluetooth" warning. All I want to do is charge the battery.

3. The full battery warning. This one is particularly annoying as it causes the phone to vibrate in the middle of the night (waking me up) if I connect the phone to the charger when going to bed.

For the first one so go Settings --> About Phone --> USB and select which connection mode you want (or to choose each time on connection). That should stop the bluetooth warning also.

Don't think the full battery warning can be turned off. Interestingly it doesn't wake me - is your phone set to silent as well? Otherwise fix would be to place the phone on something soft to absorb the vibration I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones