1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

disable visual voicemail notifications??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ThisIsTiffy, May 24, 2011.

1. ThisIsTiffy

ThisIsTiffy Guest

hey guys - i enabled visual voicemail on my phone and like the style of the v.v. app i downloaded from the market. but what happens now is that i get double notifications whenever i get voicemails. i am wondering if there is a way to disable notifications from my "phone" menu so i just receive the notifications from the visual voicemail app.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ThisIsTiffy

ThisIsTiffy Guest

3. dasudevil

dasudevil Android Enthusiast

is there an option in the settings? I personally dont use the voice mail provided by tmobile or the one on the phone. I use Youmail.

I think when you hit the phone to dial and then hit voicemail there is an option to disable? I know i have an enable button.

ThisIsTiffy likes this.
  4. ThisIsTiffy

ThisIsTiffy Guest

i thought that would work too, but it actually disables ALL visual voicemail alerts :(

5. dasudevil

thats not right... I still get notifications when i get a voice mail from youmail. The app that you downloaded does it have the option to set up notifications?

6. ThisIsTiffy

ThisIsTiffy Guest

nope. it is a t-mobile app, so i figured it would run smoothly, but i guess not.:/

7. dasudevil

are you talking about tmobile visual voicemail? This one?

If so thats the one that comes with the phone. Its standard. No need to install the same app twice. That could be the reason your having the issues. The only other one available is the Yahoo Voice Mail (i think) and no one that i know activates that one.