1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disable Voice Input & Output?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DasXero, Aug 3, 2011.

1. DasXero

DasXero Newbie

Is there anyways to disable the "Voice" thing in this phone? I'm tired of my phone saying my received texts everytime I accidentally slide my finger over the voice icon.
    I use Handcent SMS, and when I receive a text, a box appears and you can quickly respond into it, and theirs a voice icon close to the Reply button, and I always accidentally press it.

On my Samsung Acclaim I disabled it, but the settings are much different on the Prevail.

I could only manage to disable Voice Input. (Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Android Keyboard -> Voice Input -> Off), but not Voice Output.

Anybody know how?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 666wicked666

666wicked666 Newbie

I don't use handcent but I would think there would be a setting in there and tick the "always use my settings" in voice output (settings-voice input and output-text to speech)don't know if this helps... I'm just kinda thinking outloud

3. DasXero

DasXero Newbie

Thanks for at least trying to help. I'll look into it after I'm done backing up my phone. I didn't think of that, because on my other phone all I had to do was go into settings and disable it in order for handcent's voice to be disabled.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews