1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disable volume keys while locked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cnshough, Oct 25, 2010.

1. cnshough

cnshough Newbie

I searched for and found a thread from back in 2009 with no answer to this question. I'm hoping something may have changed since then. Basically I don't want the volume keys to work at all when the phone is locked. My volume is always lower when the phone comes out of my pocket than it was when I put it in.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

edit.
    sorry, misunderstood your question.

Do you mean that if your phone rings and you pull it out of your pocket it's not loud anymore?

Or the ringer volume is different everytime?

3. cnshough

cnshough Newbie

Media volume. When listening to slacker, pandora, or media player I would like for the volume keys to not work at all when locked.

4. Demache

Demache Android Expert

I found Screen Suite. It overrides the normal lockscreen and allows you to disable the volume keys while locked. Its a paid app ($1.99). Does exactly what you need it to though.

5. cnshough

cnshough Newbie

Thanks Demache. I actually just found an app called volume locker. It's a free app, so I think I'll try it first, then move to screen suite if it doesn't work right.

6. Anirudh Naik

Anirudh Naik Lurker

could you please send me the link?

7. Could you send me a link to this as well?

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews