• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disabled alarm goes off

juuser

Lurker
Oct 13, 2010
Hello,

I have a very annoying problem. I have alarm clock set to go off 7:00AM. If I disable the alarm for example 6:50AM, it still goes off 7:00.

This is very annoying (especially for my wife who is usually screaming from the other side of the house: SHUT YOUR ALARM ********* :D)

My phone is Galaxy S with Froyo. Has anyone encountered this kind of problem.

Thanks in advance...

1 way to disable your alarm would be by opening the clock and de-selecting the clock icon on the right side of alarm so that it turns from green to transparent. Are you doing it that way?

I guess I have faced the same issue when done like that.

So now what I do is delete the whole entry itself so that the alarm doesnt appear in the list anymore.

Upvote 0
Yes, thats exactly the way I disable it by deselecting green clock icon.

That would be very annoying to every time delete alarm and create it again every day.

Maybe there is some better solution :thinking:

1 way to disable your alarm would be by opening the clock and de-selecting the clock icon on the right side of alarm so that it turns from green to transparent. Are you doing it that way?

So now what I do is delete the whole entry itself so that the alarm doesnt appear in the list anymore.

Upvote 0

Hi! I'm having alarm clock issues too, with my new Galaxy SIII. I cannot DELETE an alarm setting. So I have all these one-time use settings in the list. I've poked everything on the screen, even under 'advanced' and cannot find DELETE the setting anywhere. Anybody have a fix? Is there a dependable 3rd party app recommended?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones