• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

disabled background sync

billbonza

Jul 20, 2010
I managed to root my desire last night, which im happy about - but since doing so, the background data seems to be disabled.everything else is ok. it doesnt really bother me, but i do need it for the market and appbrain installations. After the root i disabled the friends feed,htc twitter and htc facebook from my desire. one of the commands i used was : mv /system/app/*HtcFace* /system/app.disabled/ (htc facebook app) it did the job, but i get a force close every time i try and enable accounts and sync. the "mv" in the command is "move", so i havent uninstalled them - i need to re enable them to get the accounts sync to work again. Im new to this android stuff, so any advice welcome.
i did a nandroid backup after flashing the phone if this helps.
done it.solved

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones