• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

viny2cool

Android Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2010
I read this somewhere else and tried it myself. It works for me, so I want to share it woth you guys.

I went into settings>>wireless and networkds>>mobile networks>>Access point names. Clicked menu and new APN. I created a new APN and named first 2 fields with Blank.

Now I can select it, when I am not in Wifi area...and I dont want to use 3G. If i want to use 3g, i just select the default ATT WAP APN and its starts automatically.

Also, when switching back to APN named Blank, I have to reset my mobile network. for that, I go to flight mode and back to normal.

I am able to save my 3g leakage and battery drainage cause by 3g using this tip. Juice defender is great for its price..but if i can do it for free, why to pay $$ :).

Please try it and tell me if i am missing anything here and feedbacks :D

Reactions: cavs130
I read this somewhere else and tried it myself. It works for me, so I want to share it woth you guys.

I went into settings>>wireless and networkds>>mobile networks>>Access point names. Clicked menu and new APN. I created a new APN and named first 2 fields with Blank.

Now I can select it, when I am not in Wifi area...and I dont want to use 3G. If i want to use 3g, i just select the default ATT WAP APN and its starts automatically.

Also, when switching back to APN named Blank, I have to reset my mobile network. for that, I go to flight mode and back to normal.

I am able to save my 3g leakage and battery drainage cause by 3g using this tip. Juice defender is great for its price..but if i can do it for free, why to pay $$ :).

Please try it and tell me if i am missing anything here and feedbacks :D

Uhmm Juice defender is free [Ultimate is not] and it comes with an addon that has different stages of 3G lock down. Click it once 3G goes off when phone is asleep. Click it twice and 3G goes off completely. Click it again and 3G returns. There is a thread that has a detailed list of how to tweak juice defender.

Devs own page:
Reclaim your battery! Let JuiceDefender do its magic and just enjoy your doubled battery life - get it now from the Android Market, it’s free!

Oh and here's the thread
http://androidforums.com/behold-2-t...able-disable-3g-your-captivate-one-click.html

Upvote 0
Uhmm Juice defender is free [Ultimate is not] and it comes with an addon that has different stages of 3G lock down. Click it once 3G goes off when phone is asleep. Click it twice and 3G goes off completely. Click it again and 3G returns. There is a thread that has a detailed list of how to tweak juice defender.

I downloaded juice defender, but the free version is not of much use. Now after 3 weeks, my battery is working good. Giving me like 15 to 18 hrs for light use. But I am a heavy user, so i dont need 3g to eat my battery at all.

Also a new app called superpower, by one of the XDA memeber is great to boost battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones