1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disabling 4.3 update available notice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdrobtx, Dec 9, 2013.

1. mdrobtx

mdrobtx Newbie

Don't want to update. My VM GS3 works perfect. Any way to disable the constant notice popping up to update to 4.3?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Im not sure but i think if you root and say uninstall a system app (so the phone is modified) you wont get updates.
    Why dont you want the update?

3. mdrobtx

mdrobtx Newbie

Got the phone set up the way I like it. Absolutely no problems...so no need to update. Especially after reading all the problems others are having after the update install.
    Not going to root this time. Phone is performing the way I want in stock format.

4. Larzuk

Larzuk Well-Known Member

Unless you root your phone you will be unable to stop the constant pop up notifications to update your phone.

I was in the same boat, Heck I even created my own thread JUST like yours titled "Enough is Enough 4.3" in the Virgin Mobile forums.

After about a week of getting the update notification every 5 or 10 minutes 24 hours a day, I finally got fed up and updated...

Really can't say I regret it as the phone is a LOT faster for me. I personally have not experienced any of the problems others have stated here on the boards. Even then, If you do experience the most common bugs..ie...old downloads...flash notifications, etc...These all are EASILY fixed within a minute by toggling off within menus.

5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think the 4.3 update is fixed now and it was mostly the international s3 that got the bad one.
    An ota shouldnt change any of your setup.
    I say take it unless you plan on rooting in the near future :thumbup:

6. mdrobtx

mdrobtx Newbie

Thanks for the advice.
    Soon after I posted, the update notifications mysteriously stopped? After days of it?

I'm aware of Knox, and this is another reason I haven't updated. I might root at a later date.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews