• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disabling default music app?

cvam1985

Dec 8, 2009
Hey guys -

Just downloaded Tunewiki - not for the lyrics/content, but because the interface and widget are really slick.

Problem I'm having is that the default music player app likes to compete with it. When I use Bluetooth (Ford Sync) the music player app likes to start automatically.

Anyone know how to tell it to ignore the music app? I know it can't be deleted. Thanks.

Hey guys -

Just downloaded Tunewiki - not for the lyrics/content, but because the interface and widget are really slick.

Problem I'm having is that the default music player app likes to compete with it. When I use Bluetooth (Ford Sync) the music player app likes to start automatically.

Anyone know how to tell it to ignore the music app? I know it can't be deleted. Thanks.

There is a setting in TuneWiki to take over the bluetooth functionality. It is "Enable Headset Buttons". If you check this, all bluetooth actions should be sent to TuneWiki instead of the default player.

Glad to hear you are enjoying TuneWiki, let me know if you have any other issues :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the "Enable Headset Buttons" tip. Fixed my problem with the Mixzing app.

However, I am having a problem getting my Sync to play nice with my Nexus One.
I am running 2.1

Phone will pair with the car for calls, but pressing the Voice button and then saying "Bluetooth Audio" does nothing.
However, if on the phone you go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth Settings , the Sync icon will show that the phone is synced with the car, but the media is not.
Then I touch the icon and it will dim, and then come back as showing the phone and media are connected.
When that happens, both music apps start playing (which the dual apps playing is now probably fixed, thanks to you)

However, I want my music to start playing the minute I get into my car.
Is there away to get the music app to start automatically without having to go into the Wireless settings?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones