1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disabling Google Now Swipe Up From Anywhere

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by n1nj4Lo, Jan 10, 2016.

1. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Android Enthusiast

Is there a way to disable this b.s., I have my navbar set to autohide and require swipng up from the bottom of the screen, I rarely and I mean hardly ever at all use google now and getting tired of fighting with google now to get my navbar and or a gamble of it's pesky ass always opening because of it. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

Not sure if gravity box can disable it, bit I changed the activity instead, now it turns on my flashlight.

3. n1nj4Lo

Where abouts is that setting navigation bar settings? I use UDN Pro i see the home combo google nowv long press feature. But for me what my problem is is if i swipe up anywhere midcenter bottom screen the other default google now option embedded somewhere in a app decides to pop up. I like the long press home option that's all i need but the single swipe anywhere from the bottom up is annoying af when trying to trigger the hidden navbar.

4. tc15

tc15 Newbie

Why not just disable it or freeze it in Titanium Backup? You said you didn't use it much, so maybe you won't miss it.

Another option is to use Nova launcher. Under gesture settings you can configure a swipe up to do nothing. I use Nova and that's the way I have a swipe up set.

5. tc15

tc15 Newbie

How did you do that?

Is there an app which would let me do this for the Boost variant?

6. n1nj4Lo

I just don't need two ways of opening google now... I do use google now a lil bit just not as much or often as others.

I disabled it in Gravity Box (Otherwise you'd have 2 Navbars) and then installed Ultimate Dynamic Navbar and set it to hide be pulled up from the whole bottom edge of the screen.

7. tc15

tc15 Newbie

Did you try Nova? You can set a swipe up to do nothing by choosing “None” for that action. I was thinking that might override the Google Now behavior, but I’m not sure if it would also cancel out your nav bar. It’s something to try.

I would love to replace the nav bar on my Stylo. It’s the only GUI thing about the Stylo I don’t like. But I have the Boost variant with limited recovery options so I’m not going to go beyond the little I’ve already done to it, which is rooting

bcrichster likes this.
  8. n1nj4Lo

No(va) cause its 1 of my least favorite launchers and I'd like to keep the stock look... I've downloaded it to a million devices and its never really impressed our wowed me to where i was like i have to keep using this that and the fact that it's too complexed with advanced tweaks and features but still no 3d effects.

That option would help out ONLY while within the launcher, then what about the rest of the time when I'm out of the launcher. LMAO

#8 n1nj4Lo, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  9. n1nj4Lo

What my navbar looks like, I'm not sure how well Ultimate Dynamic NavBar will run without root and xposed.
    [​IMG]

#9 n1nj4Lo, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  10. n1nj4Lo

11. Kolma528

Kolma528 Member

android 6.0 disables swipe up for google now.
    Now it's hold home button for google on tap.

12. n1nj4Lo

I really wonder if LG Stripped us of that feature too like they did with the turn external storage into internal storage though.

Blu8 likes this.
  13. Kolma528

Kolma528 Member

No, Google just changed how it works.
    You can start Google Now from Google on Tap.
    Google on Tap is basically a search engine of sorts that runs on top of any app looking for key words and giving information based on it.

14. n1nj4Lo

Whats the white search bar widget name for google now, some reason I can't find it in my widgets list, I had this problem once before and I found it I forgot what it was called though.
    _

That was weird up until the last reboot "Google app" wasn't showing up in the widget list then it did suddenly again.

#15 n1nj4Lo, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews