• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling notification sound for 'battery charged' event

wildetudor

Apr 13, 2011
My phone makes a very annoying notification sound when the battery is fully charged. I've tried removing audio files from the \media folder, but it must somehow revert to a default audio file stored someplace else, because it always makes that sound when the battery reaches 100% charge. This is annoying not only because this sound wakes me up at night if I happen to forget to set my phone on silent when I leave it to charge overnight, but also because every once in a while, even disconnecting the phone from the charger doesn't make the sound stop, and it just keeps on going until I turn off the phone. I'm guessing this must be a bug in the Android OS (I'm running 2.3.3 on Galaxy S2).

Was anyone able to get rid of this 'battery charged' notification sound?

Many thanks in advance for any replies! :)

My phone makes a very annoying notification sound when the battery is fully charged. I've tried removing audio files from the \media folder, but it must somehow revert to a default audio file stored someplace else, because it always makes that sound when the battery reaches 100% charge. This is annoying not only because this sound wakes me up at night if I happen to forget to set my phone on silent when I leave it to charge overnight, but also because every once in a while, even disconnecting the phone from the charger doesn't make the sound stop, and it just keeps on going until I turn off the phone. I'm guessing this must be a bug in the Android OS (I'm running 2.3.3 on Galaxy S2).

Was anyone able to get rid of this 'battery charged' notification sound?

Many thanks in advance for any replies! :)

you can remove that sound if you are root. and when you update to ICS the fully charged sound is gone.

Upvote 0
I turn my SGS2 off while charging over night but when it's finished charging it STILL vibrates. Why does it do this when turned off. I've been through the phone and I can't find any settings for this at all.

I'm about to hit google and see if i can find anything but I thought I'd post here on the off chance anyone had a heads up.

Oh, I'm on ICS if that helps... my phone isn't rooted and I don't really want to root it either.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones