• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling Notifications App without rooting?

batvette

Mar 9, 2012
Been playing Real Racing 3 which is a great game but it's sending notifications to my phone daily driving me nuts. Downloaded Notifications Off app but it only works on rooted phone. My S3 is on Virgin Mobile running 4.3.
Is there a problem rooting this phone? If so any other way to block these notifications?

TIA

Are there any settings in the app that allows you to control if notifications appear?

What are the nature of these notifications? Are they ads?

They're efforts to sell me add ons for the game, they're highly annoying because they happen any time of the day or night often when I'm waiting for an important text from someone. So you rush to pick up the phone and find it's just EA sports again.
There's no option I could find in the game to disable it but I'm going to try the things that were mentioned. Will reply again if they don't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones