• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disabling the arrow for the "mini apps"?

King Mustard

Dec 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I am running Samsung's Android 4.1.1 (XXCLK7) on my P5110 (Wi-Fi European).

I am rooted (confirmed by Root Checker Basic).

I am trying to disable/remove the arrow that launches the "mini apps", as I keep tapping it accidentally when pressing Space on the keyboard - it's very frustrating!

I deleted the System/framework/minimode.jar file as suggested here using ASTRO File Manager and rebooted, but there is no change.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorted it. I opened File Explorer (with the root add-on) with chose "System (Root)" and deleted minimode.jar that way. Restarted the tablet - and it worked a treat :)

Hi, did you ever find out how to do this? I was looking for info on how to use different "mini apps" than are offered on the menu. The ones in the edit window just aren't what I'd like to use. If I can't, I'd just as soon eliminate it.
Sorry, yeah. I opened File Explorer (with the root add-on) with chose "System (Root)" and deleted minimode.jar that way. Restarted the tablet - and it worked a treat :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones