1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disabling the default 'Calendar' app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TJayDroid, Dec 18, 2012.

1. TJayDroid

TJayDroid Well-Known Member

I've never had reason to do so before, but I prefer Google's proprietary calendar app to the stock Calendar app on the LG Motion. I've searched for answers and the general consensus seems to be that I can *disable* the app and it won't affect any third-party calendaring application (e.g., Google Calendar, Business Calendar, et. al.). Is this true?

The primary reason I want to do so is to prevent the double notifications for every event on my calendar. Right now I get one from the native Calendar app and then another one simultaneously from Google Calendar.

Matthew83 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Matthew83

Matthew83 Android Enthusiast

Shows what a noob I am, I thought the calendar app that came with the phone was google's . To disable the app go to app settings then select the calendar app and select disable.

3. TJayDroid

Matt:

Thanks for the response. Noobish here, too.

I do know how to disable the Calendar application; however, I'm not sure if that will adversely affect any other calendaring app that might be installed due to needed processes/files/apks/dna-strands/quantum-particles that would be disabled as well.

4. Matthew83

lol, I don't think it affected anything. I just disabled the stock calendar app after installing the Google version. So far it seems to be working fine with a calendar widget I have on my home screen. The reason I think it won't mess anything up is because the stock app just accesses your Google account calendar just like the official Google version does.

Thank you for letting me know about the official Google app since it is much better than stock.

TJayDroid likes this.
  5. TJayDroid

Matt:

Well, much obliged for trying it out, then! Going to do the same now. :)

6. If you want to disable it... Root your phone then download the app "hide it pro" aka audio manager.... With that app you can freeze and unfreeze.. Apps with out limits

7. Matthew83

You don't need to root this phone to disable the stock calendar app.

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews