1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disabling UberSocial auto-update?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Seanette, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

Please don't laugh too hard, I don't have that much experience with my phone. :)

On my Triumph, UberSocial keeps auto-updating, and I'm tired of it, since I never use the app (it seems to be for Twitter, which I no longer use). I do let most of my apps automatically update, since that seems easier, but I'd like to know how to tell this specific one that it can't do that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

If you go into the Google Play Store, you can hit the menu button and go into SETTINGS to disable auto-update (where they all do it for you), if you want. You can also go to the page for that individual app, and just above where you RATE & REVIEW the app, there should be a little check-box that you can use to disable the auto-updating for that app.

Seanette likes this.
  3. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

Either my brain is shutting down for the day early, or that check-box isn't there. Update: this would be because I seem to be a ditz today and went into the Play Store on my laptop rather than my phone. :)

Most of the apps I use, I'm quite happy to allow auto-update, just not this one.

If it gets much more annoying, I may resort to rooting just to have the pleasure of deleting the whole app. :)