• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Disabling volume rocker sounds

Yeahha

Usually off topic
Jul 29, 2010
I posted this in the how to thread but didn't know if everyone would see it. This is for sense roms only, for the life of me I can not find the mp3, ogg, or wav files that work in AOSP roms any help in finding those would be greatly appreciated!:D

If you do not like to hear the volume "ding" when you are changing volume levels on your phone, and you are running a sense rom there is a quick and easy fix for that.

1. Using root explorer (or your root file manager of choice) navigate to /system/media/audio/ui
2. Once there you will see several mp3 files named volume-1.mp3, volume-2.mp3...
3. Rename them adding ".old" after the mp3 and this should eliminate that ping sound after a reboot. If it does not then you can download these and replace the current mp3 files with them

I posted this in the how to thread but didn't know if everyone would see it. This is for sense roms only, for the life of me I can not find the mp3, ogg, or wav files that work in AOSP roms any help in finding those would be greatly appreciated!:D

If you do not like to hear the volume "ding" when you are changing volume levels on your phone, and you are running a sense rom there is a quick and easy fix for that.

1. Using root explorer (or your root file manager of choice) navigate to /system/media/audio/ui
2. Once there you will see several mp3 files named volume-1.mp3, volume-2.mp3...
3. Rename them adding ".old" after the mp3 and this should eliminate that ping sound after a reboot. If it does not then you can download these and replace the current mp3 files with them

Worked on Gingeritis! I am beyond happy I dont have to hear that noise anymore! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones