1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disappeared?!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MoodyBlues, Dec 24, 2019.

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Very odd: I received an e-mail from Cerberus stating that my account is about to be deactivated, and to consider buying it [or a subscription? I'm not looking at it right now] if I wanted to continue using it. Weird, because I distinctly remember buying it several years ago. :thinking:

I had uninstalled it at some point on my newest phone, so I couldn't check its license/status by opening the app. So I went to Play and looked through my lists of installed -and- library apps--and Cerberus was in neither.

Then I searched Play for it and came up empty. (There are some other apps with 'Cerberus' in their names, but they're not THE Cerberus.)

I came here and pressed the download link and--you guessed it!--I got an 'item not found' PS page.

WTF?! :eek:

PS I've now refreshed my memory by reading the old threads. I had completely forgotten about their discussions. Oh well, I'm senile, what can I say? :D

#1 MoodyBlues, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

The only "Cerberus" I can find is things like Cerberus Capital Management, and references to the three headed dog of Greek mythology.

Maybe it is discontinued?

I have heard of this app on AF a few times, but never used it myself.

#2 mikedt, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    ocnbrze and MoodyBlues like this.
  3. MoodyBlues

No. If I had taken the time to read the old threads, I wouldn't have posted this one. They filled in many blanks, such as having a 'grandfathered in' account as does @Clementine_3, how/why it was removed from the PS, how to get the current version, etc. Oh well.

You're only 56. Just wait till senility sets in. :p ;) :D

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Yeah, I was grandfathered in but then they left the play store and I left them :oops:

ocnbrze, MrJavi and MoodyBlues like this.
  5. MoodyBlues

Me too...kind of, sort of...well, maybe a little... :)

Rereading the other threads refreshed my memory that I had actually installed the newer version, directly from its site, after its removal from Play. (I still can't believe I totally forgot all about that. *SMH*)

But at some point, I uninstalled it. I think it's basically redundant now, considering the changes Google has made in terms of security.

So bye-bye, Cerberus!

Clementine_3, ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.

Cerberus

Cerberus Forum

com.lsdroid.cerberus

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs