1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

disappearing apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by alanbcohen, Aug 30, 2011.

1. alanbcohen

alanbcohen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Baltimore, MD USA
    I have an LG Optimus V with Androir 2.2.1 stock. I've been having problems where apps that I have disappear. The homepage icons are replaced with the Market icon while the label remains. Generally, I can reload the app and its configuration data (like game high score) is still available.
    I reviewed earlier posts and the idea that the memory card isn't being mounted doesn't make sense, given that the card has been in for days and it is as much as 4 hours since the phone was turned back on. Any other ideas ?

Advertisement

2. lekky

lekky Lover
    None

Are teh apps ones that you have moved to the sd card?

Also are you using a 3rd party launcher?

3. alanbcohen

alanbcohen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Baltimore, MD USA
    I'm using the stock launcher (a scrolling page with all apps and 4 screens of shortcuts). I have 'moved' some of these apps to the memory card but generally, the memory footprint for internal memory is only about 50% smaller after the move.. In some cases, the disappearing app has been in place (including any 'move') for months.

4. tknepher

tknepher Lurker
    None

Oct 21, 2010
    Tech Writer
    Cayucos, CA
    I've had the same problem with my stock Optimus S, running 2.2.2 and the Sprint ID that came with the phone. I've "lost" several apps I moved to the SD card, mostly using ApptoSD. The icon changes to the generic android and can't find the app. A list of Apps on the SD card shows a remnant file (com.whatever). When I reinstall the app, I'm told I'm overwriting an existing version.
    It looks to me as though android has lost track of where I've put the apps. Any help??