1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

disappearing icons

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattbodin, Aug 28, 2012.

1. mattbodin

mattbodin Well-Known Member

when i try to move some of my icons off the home screen they don't move and i can't add icons from the app menu. the only way i can add them is if long press and add shortcut... what's the deal?

2. rcsrich

rcsrich Android Expert

I think it will help others to diagnose your issue if you list the ROM/launcher you are using. Also, are the apps in question installed in internal memory or on the SD card? I haven't run into this, but hopefully someone on the forum has...

mattbodin likes this.
  3. mattbodin

i am using the stock launcher and mtdev cm7 20120810. it doesn't seem to matter which app it is but most are installed on internal memory. i thought i had it fixed after deleting all the shortcuts but no such luck. i can add one icon top any screen, after that they just disappear when i try adding one.

4. mattbodin

i tried rebooting, which didn't work. i uninstalled the last app i installed(hanscent) and rebooted, which worked. i have since reinstalled handcent with no problems, so idk what the deal was...

5. rcsrich

rcsrich Android Expert

Huh- I suppose handcent could have been the culprit...the important thing is that you seem to have fixed it! :)

6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Sounds like your dalvick cache was out of wack.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews