1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Disappearing ringtones?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Catchy, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Catchy

Catchy Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    I have a Samsung Mesmerize.

We have installed the Free Ringtone app & I downloaded three ringtones. I set it as default but I power off the phone & turn it back on the ringtone disappears. They aren't even in my ringtone menu! What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to make phone calls louder as I work in a noisy setting. Is there an app or hack or secret switch to make the person on the other line louder? And yes, all my volume controls are at the highest level.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Catchy

Catchy Lurker
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Ok, we uninstalled the Ringtone Free app & installed Zedge. Works a lot better!

However, if you happen to know any app, hack, or switch that makes the receiver louder, we would love to know what it is.

Thanks again!

3. Violetlass

Violetlass Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Don't buy ringtones, there is something you can do with your phone. Go download Audacity it is a free program that you can use to make ringtones and install them via your usb mounted SD disk to your computer. Inside your SD disk when mounted will have folders called MEDIA>>to>>AUDIO>>to>>RINGTONES with another folder called NOTIFICATIONS. With in these folders your ringtones will be saved from your phone.

When you have learned how to make ringtones via AUDACITY (15 sec song clip, wave format) you can place those clips inside your RINGTONE and NOTIFICATION folders and you will no longer need to buy those $2 ringtones or free bee ringtones that are clipped in the wrong places.

4. JDMB20TDA

JDMB20TDA Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    been using this method for years, works great. only problem I have end up having to make ringtones for all my buddys.