• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Disappearing shortcuts - Froyo Simply Stunning 4.2

I just recently downloaded and installed Chevy's Simply Stunning (4.2) ROM, and I'm finding that some of my shortcuts (places in folders) are disappearing upon powering off my phone.

I have two folders ("Text" and "Call") on my home screen that simply contain direct call and direct message shortcuts to some of my contacts. Ever since updating to Simply Stunning 4.2, I've had issues. I'm not entirely sure that's what caused it... anyone had this problem before?

I've seen apps that were installed on the SDCard do this... but not shortcuts. Usually restored shortcuts never work for me correctly.... I always have to recreate them. Did you restore before or after configuring the app / email that your pointing to?.

At first I thought that was the issue, too, but I tried deleting the folder, restarting my phone, and recreating. I still have the same issue. I've even found that sliding the keyboard out (the screen refreshes) causes my shortcuts in the folder to disappear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones