• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappearing widget

I created a frequent contact widget on my home screen with the contact's pictures. Recently every time my phone restarts the widget disappears. It is getting very frustrating. Anyone know what's going on with it and/or how to fix it?
That's unfortunately been a known issue for a little while, and I'm afraid I haven't seen a fix for it yet.
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/75789913

You could try clearing cache for the launcher, maybe?

Upvote 0
Is the app that the widget is for installed onto the SD card?

If so, having the widget disappear after a restart is typical behavior, and only one of multiple reasons not to put apps onto an SD card.

If the app is on the card, move it to the internal memory, place the widget, restart the device, and see if it is fixed.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Is the app that the widget is for installed onto the SD card?

If so, having the widget disappear after a restart is typical behavior, and only one of multiple reasons not to put apps onto an SD card.

If the app is on the card, move it to the internal memory, place the widget, restart the device, and see if it is fixed.
Thanks for the reply and suggestion. But, my phone doesn't have a micro SD card slot.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones