1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Disappointing performance

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by icemanchilled, Oct 4, 2014.

1. icemanchilled

icemanchilled Member

Had my OnePlus One just over a week and generally it's very fast however performance in games doesn't seem to show any real improvement over Snapdragon 600 devices I've used

Benchmarks clearly show it's faster but that isn't the case in actual use, some games I've tried actually run worse so either there are compatibly issues with snapdragon 801 or more specifically the OnePlus One.

Anyone tied Anomaly Defenders? runs fine on my Galaxy S4 but runs like crap on the OnePlus One, I've notified the developer but it just seems odd.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Android Enthusiast

Have you changed the power profile to performance mode. No one seems to mention this but the phone is set to balanced mode by default and performance in some games is as a result poor.

To access performance profiles you first have to enable developer options. Then a new performance option will appear in the settings menu.

You can also enable a toggle in the status bar menu that makes it easier to change profiles on the fly.

I've read you can also set performance profiles for individual apps although I haven't tried this yet.

3. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Android Enthusiast

I tried Real Racing in balanced mode and it's laggy as hell. Change the profile and its silky smooth.

OnePlus One Forum

The OnePlus One release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews