• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappointing performance

icemanchilled

Aug 30, 2014
Had my OnePlus One just over a week and generally it's very fast however performance in games doesn't seem to show any real improvement over Snapdragon 600 devices I've used

Benchmarks clearly show it's faster but that isn't the case in actual use, some games I've tried actually run worse so either there are compatibly issues with snapdragon 801 or more specifically the OnePlus One.

Anyone tied Anomaly Defenders? runs fine on my Galaxy S4 but runs like crap on the OnePlus One, I've notified the developer but it just seems odd.

Have you changed the power profile to performance mode. No one seems to mention this but the phone is set to balanced mode by default and performance in some games is as a result poor.

To access performance profiles you first have to enable developer options. Then a new performance option will appear in the settings menu.

You can also enable a toggle in the status bar menu that makes it easier to change profiles on the fly.

I've read you can also set performance profiles for individual apps although I haven't tried this yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones