• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disaster News App & Widget

Mooftress

Lurker
Mar 30, 2010
If anyone is like myself, I love to follow the news about disasters. I read books, read news, watch TV and watch the news about things like this. I have participated in emergency drills and am an active member of the Skywarn community as well as a ham radio operator. I love geology and meteorology. So here is my request...

After searching around I found this great site at RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service. They have an RSS link to RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information which are articles about emergency's and disasters from around the world. Many things there I have never even heard hit the news but it very interesting. I would love to see an app made for this as well as a widget like the ExpressNews app is modeled from.

If I knew how to code, I would do this because I know there are many people out there that are interested in this not only because it is interesting but also because it is a tool to help people get involved with events such as these going on around them.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from anyone who is willing to take this up.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones