• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disaster/Recovery

Can anyone recommend a good backup/recovery application. I have a Droid X and would like to back up my applications, settings, etc. so that if my phone ever crashed, I would be able to restore quickly without having to download all my applications again, install, configure, etc. Does something like this exist? I'd be interested in free, inexpensive, and reasonably priced applications to safeguard my phone.

You need root, and both Titanium Backup Pro and MyBackup Pro are paid.

Settings cannot be backed up by the free apps, and normally you only have app apk and market links and sms backup apps. Contacts backup is assumed that you use Google or a PC synced software, so no backup apps for those. Notes and Calendar are also assumed to be handled by your PC software or Google mostly.

Also, if not rooted app data cannot be backed up. For example, you used a free app backup solution, and your phone got hard reset. Expect to start all your games back from stage 1 since you aren't rooted. Unless the game has an online save.

Reactions: hmj1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones