1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Discard the mandatory apps you don't want ! - Package Disabler Pro

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gderidet, Jul 26, 2016.

1. gderidet

gderidet Lurker

With Package Disabler it's so easy. Just search the package and disable it. Any app ! And you know that there are a lot, which takes a lot of place in RAM.

Of course, it works better with the pro version. But it a few money for a big relief.

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

oh yes, extremely safe.
    fool proof in fact.
    you can disable anything you don't want on the Samsung device and if it causes a problem, you just re-enable it and wallah! all is good again.

far far and away safer than deleting apps.... once you delete an app, it is gone.

With Package Disabler Pro, you merely turn it off so it can't be run or activated.... you get the best of both worlds.

1. have only the apps you want to see show up in the App Tray
    2. Restore one if you suddenly have a need for it again.

svim likes this.
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

svim likes this.
  4. gderidet

gderidet Lurker

I was writing about Package Disabler Pro from Policedevelopper, downloadable on Google Play.

Curiously, the Google Play search engine is sometimes not very efficient. For example this application : Channels, does not appear when you type it's name in Google Play.

5. gderidet

gderidet Lurker

Yes.

It's not from Samsung.

It's for Samsung devices.

AZgl1500 and jefboyardee like this.
  6. AZgl1500

Precisely, and there are TWO of the Pro Versions, or at least there were about a month ago.
    One works just fine ( the new one ), and the other is corrupted and is known by the developer. He has asked Play store to get rid of it.... dunno if they have or not.

7. svim

svim Extreme Android User

I think it's important to summarize and clarify some things (that have been referred to other previous threads) in the event someone runs across this thread while doing a search later on.

-- The OP is referring specifically to the app 'Package Disabler Pro' from policedeveloper. (Not to be confused with several other similarly named apps on Google Play from other vendors.) This is not an app developed by Samsung but it is intended to be used only on Samsung phones. If you have a different brand look for solutions elsewhere.

-- It's a no-root required app. (their Google Play page states it might not work on rooted phones)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro

PitCarver likes this.
  8. AZgl1500

alkhalaqy20112 likes this.
  9. KathyJM

KathyJM Member

I had this on my old phone and it worked fine.
    I changed my phone and now the PDP Engine wants me to download the Android Debug Bridge. This is getting a bit technical - should I continue, or look for alternative way of disabling bloat ware?

#10 KathyJM, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  10. KathyJM

KathyJM Member

Anyone?

11. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Replacing my old S5 with another S5 and it's no longer available.
    What's up.?

12. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Police Developer has 2 versions of the Package Disabler app available on the Play store, (11.8 and 11.9). I had to repurchase the 11.8 version when I changed phones last year.

What's the difference between the 2 versions, and why the different listings?

Package Disabler Pro

Package Disabler Pro Forum

com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs