1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Disconnect data?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jevsays, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jevsays

jevsays Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    New to the Android and Samsung game, coming from windows mobile and HTC phoes, I've only had the phone a couple of days and with work having hectic hours, I have yet to come across a way to disconnect the data connection on my phone when not it use.

I placed my phone in my car at approximately 7AM and when I went out for lunch at around 11:30A the battery had already lost half it's life. I have Advanced Task Killer and I killed all tasks, including the task killer, before coming into work. Any help would be greatful! Thanks!

Advertisement

2. speeder760

speeder760 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    i use extended controls, one of the toggles is data connection.
    only thing is that its a paid app(ways around that tho lol)
    theres other ones that are free, search for apn, ive tried a few but never found one that worked with the transform

3. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 30, 2010
    Uh-Meh-Ric-Ah
    Oooooo, you better delete that task killer. Download SystemPanel Lite. You can see everything going on with your phone including battery power, CPU usage, power usage of apps, and more. And remember just like your computer has processes going on at all times, so does Android OS. It's no different. Also to save battery power, just hold the power button and press the 'airplane mode' button. I only lose 15% of power in 8 hours with airplane mode goin' haha.

Mista77 likes this.
  4. Mista77

Mista77 Newbie
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    The North East
    But in airplane mode you cant receive or make calls or get texts kind of defeats the purpose of having a phone no?

5. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 30, 2010
    Uh-Meh-Ric-Ah
    Well to be honest, it's more for when you know you don't need your phone at that moment

6. fujimori

fujimori Newbie
    None

Oct 23, 2010
    This will do exactly what you want. I use it to turn off data while I'm in lecture (where the poor connection kills my battery), but people can still call or text me so I'm not totally out of reach. It's a simple widget to toggle on/off.
    Download SMODA Widget for your Android phone on AppBrain