1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevanlol360, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Rebel Jeeper

Rebel Jeeper Lurker
    None

Jan 27, 2012
    CALIFORNIA
    I turned the wifi off and same thing. GPS mode on or off either one same thing. No internet browsing or using apps that need internet when not connected ti wifi. The 3G icon is on the top of the screen but I don't see movement of the two arrows. Odd thing is it can still send and receive text messages. Is there an actual setting to turn 3G on....?...MATT

Advertisement

2. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Go a couple of post back. I posted megatron 6.1.1 version the other day. Download it and install it. See if you have the same problems.

Rebel Jeeper likes this.
  3. skiptharippa

skiptharippa Member
    None

Jan 24, 2012
    Exact thing happened to me, i tried refreshing data and then activation would not go thru, i was able to send and recieve texts and calls but not able to access the net.....How i fixed it (long story short).....make a recent backup, download Ctmod, install it thru CWM, reboot, when sd card and new rom loads, the activation went thru, prl update updated as well as profile and firmware, app updates started popping up and was able to access the internet, then went back to CWM restored the megatron backup and it worked.....this was exactly two days ago for me, hope it works for you as well....

Rebel Jeeper likes this.
  4. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    Syracuse Ny
    I would prefer if you didnt lol see my recent post for why

5. fatnickd1

fatnickd1 Member
    None

May 26, 2012
    Male
    Clinical Laboratory Scientist
    Albany NY
    The foxfi (sprint and AtaT) still limits. I also noticed the PRL and Profile update won't work. Didn't need to do the PRL or Profile update just was trying to tune the phone up before I watched the games at work. Everything is great otherwise thou. Watched two games at work fine. Add blocker was able to update 4/4 which it never did, and it asked me to reboot, which was also new. All the apps look/function better. This rom brought the phone up to par with all the app/functional updates that are out there. Happy Thanksgiving.

6. powerkane

powerkane Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    To try and be as much help as possible
    MI
    a little detoure for a moment when i created a disasembly vid and created a thread i posted it here for you guys i wanna drop this link again for all the newer ppl for megatron and some old because i made a second vid of me dissembling the screen enjoy... besides its like advertising for megatron :p

Just click here for the thread

7. mavrikmeercat

mavrikmeercat Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    Male
    Electrican, Network Tech, Home Theater Tech, Video
    N.O. LA.
    I was just telling Chev that I had to do the same thing in order to get my data/3g working again. He and I will be working this to fix it soon. I think we have the problem narrowed down to the baseband in the install.zip is one that hasent been cleared/ reset before being copied out so everyone (I think) is getting the same activated profile.

skiptharippa likes this.
  8. mtstew

mtstew Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    PC/mobile device technician
    Arkansas
    I'm glad there's still active development for the TU, I feel it's a unique phone, truly in a league of it's own. While my camera might suck, the screen might not be 4.3", it might not be 4G, and it might not be Android 4.0 or higher, this phone really shines in the fact that it's a full QWERTY keyboard, has a 4280mAh Sporting Persistence battery, and I pay $40/month for 2.5GB of unthrottled, unlimited data, unlimited talk and text, which is about what I expect in a prepaid phone. Thanks for trying to polish even further, maybe I'll not be afraid to toy with my phone's software enough one day for me to try it. Lawd have mercy, I need a working phone.

mavrikmeercat and chevanlol360 like this.
  9. fatnickd1

fatnickd1 Member
    None

May 26, 2012
    Male
    Albany NY
    Def do it. It's all spelled out in here, and if you get all f'd up just buy one of these guys a beer and they help you out solid. Just don't go to crazy deleting system apps/files you'll be amazed.

10. fatnickd1

fatnickd1 Member
    None

May 26, 2012
    Male
    Albany NY
    Everything running stable and flashy. I said earlier that the PRL and profile won't update, but wanted to add no problems with getting texts/messages.

11. skiptharippa

skiptharippa Member
    None

Jan 24, 2012
    Hey mavrik hows the fix coming along, any idea on when its guna be ready, jw....

12. mavrikmeercat

None

Aug 21, 2011
    Male
    N.O. LA.
    Chev and I haven't talked much since last post.. Probly because we both have been busy as hell. last we talked, he did express to me about making some changes to Megatron to fix some issues people have had with the latest version so im sure when he and i get some time to mess with it we will get on it.

come on skip.. you know better than to ask for etas bro... :rolleyes:

skiptharippa likes this.
  13. skiptharippa

skiptharippa Member
    None

Jan 24, 2012
    Right, rookie mistake lol. It was more like a Christmas present hint lol jp, I understand work work work, that's all I do to..

14. skiptharippa

skiptharippa Member
    None

Jan 24, 2012
    Everytime i try to send or recieve pic mail i get "HTTP 403 error: forbidden. Retry soon."....what should i do or how can i fix this.....

15. mavrikmeercat

None

Aug 21, 2011
    Male
    N.O. LA.
    I had to ga back to stock/rooted and do a hands free activation to get my functionality back.
    Then I just restored my megatron backup cuz restore doesn't have anything to do with baseband. Then it all worked fine from there on out

skiptharippa likes this.
  16. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Apr 8, 2012
    Male
    2-Way Radio Repair Technician
    Chicagoland
    Have you tried going into settings and updating profile?

17. PSKallDAY

PSKallDAY Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Hi guys it's been a while since I've tried installing ROMs. Will I have to root my Ultra before taking the steps to install Megatron?

18. xaelith

xaelith Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Electronics assembly
    Utah
    You don't need to pre-root your Ultra, but you will need to install ClockWorkMod recovery (usually just referred to as CWM). You'll also want to know how to put your device into download mode and recovery mode, if you don't already (the thread here explains a little of what they are and how to do them). So here's a quick breakdown of what to do:
    1. Download the ROM and move the zip file to your SD card.
    2. Go here and follow the Odin instructions for installing CWM on your phone. I can't remember if the instructions say or not, but you will need the Ultra to be in download mode when you connect it to the computer and Odin.
    3. Once in recovery, flash the ROM. It will add root, and make the necessary changes to prevent the stock firmware from overwriting CWM.
    4. Reboot and enjoy your new phone! :)

19. themage

themage Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    I have just installed the ROM and I am liking it a lot, so far. However, the mmsc url is set to boostmobile in the Sprint version, and I cant seem to get it to change. ##3282# will let me try to edit it, but the changes wont stick. Any ideas?

20. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Are you trying to send or receive MMS?

themage likes this.
  21. themage

themage Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2014
    Yes, though I am unable to test it anyway right now because I don't get MMS or data where I am.

I may have figured out a fix. At least ##data# says what it should now. I edited apns-conf.xml to include my settings, and then used "APN Settings Shortcut" from the play store to select the appropriate one. I am using a MVNO, so my settings are non standard for sprint.

22. Sammy0123

Sammy0123 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2013
    Please put the links to the topics

23. mrleroybrown

mrleroybrown Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    Somewhere east of the mississippi
    I made it thru step 6 and let the phone sit for 15-20 minutes after installing MegaTron...it says "touch the android to begin". When I touch the android it glows but nothing happens...I managed to pull down the pull down menu and look through the settings but in the end I am still stuck at that screen asking me to touch the android to begin...mind you I have not gone on to complete step 7 and copying everything back to my sd card yet...is that what is keeping me from getting passed that screen?

24. powerkane

powerkane Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    To try and be as much help as possible
    MI
    ok what you need is to have cwm that i replied to your post on the other thread but in case you haven't seen it (click here) to go and get cwm and use the odin method to install it to your phone then instead of using megatron 6.2.5 you are going to want megatron 6.1.1 (click here) because the newer one is bugged once you have downloaded everything and have cwm odined onto your phone follow these steps

0. downlaod and put megatron 6.1.1 on your sdcard and reboot into recoverymode
    1. Select whipe data/ factory reset
    2. Select Yes
    3. Select whipe cache partition
    4. Select Yes
    5. Select: "install zip from sdcard"
    6. Select: "choose zip from sdcard"
    7. Select Megatron_6.1.1.zip
    8. Select "Yes"
    9. Watch it install...
    10. Select: "reboot system now"
    11. Pull the battery when you the megatron logo
    12. Reboot your phone
    13. you should be rooted with megatron

25. mrleroybrown

mrleroybrown Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    Somewhere east of the mississippi
    Thanks Powerkane, I am rooted and MegaTron 6.2.5 is one the phone and I can navigate thru the pull down menu and settings but I can't get off that main screen. So are you recommending flashing the older version of MegaTron and then upgrade or is 6.2.5 buggy or what?