1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevanlol360, Jan 29, 2012.

1. mrleroybrown

mrleroybrown Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    Somewhere east of the mississippi
    OH YEAH, a couple more things...when I copy everything back onto my sd card...are there things I need to NOT copy back? Also, this phone is not activated yet...My wife is switching from her Samsung Galaxy S2...so I am trying to get the Samsung Transform Ultra all set before switching her over b/c once she gets it she won't part with it for me to do anything else to it...she's a serious phone head. LOL!

Advertisement

2. mrleroybrown

None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    I think I got CWM installed via copying the recovery.img to the root of the sd card then using terminal emulator.

3. powerkane

powerkane Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    To try and be as much help as possible
    MI
    no just use the older version i dont know if the newer one will be fixed, im unsure why she is switching from an s2 to the ultra its like a serious downgrade, but i would since you said she wont give it to u after she gets it i would re flash cwm using the way i explained and use megatron 6.1.1 its stable as for the sdcard i believe the only thing u need to transfer is the dcim folder because that is your pictures

mrleroybrown likes this.
  4. mrleroybrown

None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    LMFAO! Thanks my brother....Powerkane...you don't know my wife...you can't tell her anything...she won't allow me to show/teach her enough to know when she has good technology. HER big hangup was losing the tangible keyboard that she had with a blackberry...go figure. My plan is to get that S2 and root it next...although my personal opinion is that the phone I currently have is the better of the 2 (ZTE Warp Sequent vs S2)...I just don't care for her S2...my warp sequent has pretty good specs, is rooted and prolly gets 8 or 9 hours of battery with average to moderate usage. Thanks again for helping me out PK!

5. mrleroybrown

None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    one more question...what about the warning to not install aps until you download links2sd? I partitioned her card like the directions said.....so I am guessing I need to follow th remainder of the directions unless by the time he had MegaTron updated to the version 6.1.1 this was no longer an issue.

6. Samsung Use i

Samsung Use i Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 28, 2013
    Male
    lol i'm thinking of getting this from access wireless (run on sprint network) hopefully if i flash the sprint version it will work.. anybody knows if its dosent lol.. even tho im still gonna get the phone.. looks like a good phone for dev... one question.. what happened to theme links? and two... is this phone armv6 or armv7 :)

7. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Android Expert
    None

Jun 28, 2012
    Male
    Jacksonville, NC
    Hey guys. Just popping in to say what's up. Been a while since I've been here. Glad to see this is still active.

8. powerkane

None

Oct 18, 2011
    MI
    to be honest i didnt do that part because i didnt what to partition my card so with that being said you probably can just reformat your card to be a normal card and not worry about link2sd..
    sorry for the reply time i had to help tear down my cousins carport

mrleroybrown likes this.
  9. mrleroybrown

None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    haaaa haaa haaaaa haaaaaa

10. mrleroybrown

None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    good question...I noticed the link to the themes seemed to be MIA. I am fixing up this phone for my wife so I was hoping to add the pink theme...and considering she is not an Optimus Prime fan (Transformers...more than meets the eye), I was hoping to find a way to change the boot annimation too...LOL.

11. powerkane

None

Oct 18, 2011
    MI
    sorry for the late reply the themes were for megatron 6.0.4, the fifth megatron version after the name was switched from $hEvRoN ROM (version 5.3.2 and earlier) and was removed when the update to 6.1.1 rolled out, as for changing the boot animation get with me what you want it to be and ill load it on my spare phone with a bad esn (got it off ebay it was probably lost and found or reported stolen) i rather mess that up than you messing up a good phone

P.S. i know so much about this rom because its the rom i used on my phone when i first got it back in the later versions of $hEvRoN ROM

P.P.S (click here) for a megatron red theme for 6.1.1

P.P.P.S ill try my hand at making a pink theme for you

and as for arm6 or arm7 i am not sure i know the question came up before but i cant remember the conclusion

mrleroybrown likes this.
  12. powerkane

None

Oct 18, 2011
    MI
    was digging around in the framework-res.apk and i found this titled platlogo and all i have to say is wtf [​IMG]

13. niteNarmor

None

Jun 28, 2012
    Male
    Jacksonville, NC
    That's the gingerbread easter egg.

14. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Lol brings me back to the good old days. That was smiths wallpaper for his ROM. Forgot what it was called lol but it was the start of Megatron for sure.

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  15. powerkane

None

Oct 18, 2011
    MI
    Yah I was like wtf is this, I left it in there, but in other news I have the pink theme going good I'll post links once I finished it I'll start a new thread for it with screen shots when I'm done the main reason why I'm doing this is to get a better understanding about deving
    (click show)
    [​IMG]

16. chevanlol360

None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Sweet, the signal icons are in the systemui.apk, think they start with zz_ in the mdpi folder

17. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    Syracuse Ny
    wow dev for megatron still going thats awesome

18. powerkane

None

Oct 18, 2011
    MI
    I have that done I belive this phone has a bad esn that's why I started tinkering with it Idk if mobile data is changed or not

19. chevanlol360

None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Lol I still read and check out my ROM threads. Even if they are not supported anymore. Working with the Optimus f7 with my new ROM called simplicityXL. Gonna be working on cm for it in the future too. Kinda wish I still had my transform ultra. Didn't exactly leave the ROM In good shape with 6.2.5 lol but not that many people still use it to bring the project back to life.

20. niteNarmor

None

Jun 28, 2012
    Male
    Jacksonville, NC
    That's because they (the other ppl left) are on Android Central forums. I get about 1 to 2 hits a week for rooting the STU even though my daily is now Sprint HTC Evo 4g LTE.

21. powerkane

None

Oct 18, 2011
    MI
    im running with the lg mach for boost i wish lg wasnt a d*ck and release the unlock code for the boot loader already this phone has such great potential but like i said in a previous post the only reason why im messing around with the tu is because i have a spare one with a bad esn and i want to learn how to mod android phones and i figure start with theming

22. niteNarmor

None

Jun 28, 2012
    Male
    Jacksonville, NC
    I still mess with my tu every once in a while. I mean that is where I started to learn. Can't forget where I came from.. Of course chev, mav and a few others helped along the way.

23. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2012
    Syracuse Ny
    i use mine for an alarm clock....my battery is a bout to give birth to a babytron have to use a bungee cord just to secure it...

like nite ill never forget where i came from and the great droid friends i made here

ive been over in the s3 forums here even though i dont have the phone curse my daughter its a sick phone im using a s2 sprint version unfortunatly dev is dead for it but its got carbon 4.2.1 and 4.3

24. mrleroybrown

None

Dec 28, 2012
    Male
    Goat Herder
    I cut my teeth over on the Warp Sequent forum...and I still haven't lost all my baby teeth yet. Sounds like this TU forum was/is graced with a great bunch of androidiacs too (thanks to PK for helping me get my wife's phone up and running). I was reading around on some old posts for the CTMod ROM and noticed some folks giving BLOODAWN much disrespect telling him to open his eyes. I never have understood the unappreciativeness of some people...these forums are full of hard working peeps that willingly donate their free time and hard work to make our droid phones better and forgetting that fact is taboo in my book.

25. powerkane

None

Oct 18, 2011
    MI
    yah no problem man its been keeping my mind off other things by the way i have the pink rom almost done if you are interested in it still if not its ok im sure others are you can look at some screen shots i posted in this thread (click here)

to everyone else: i woke up to a knock on my door and had some packages dropped off by the mailman apparently my sister bought a Samsung galaxy rush sooooooo that means i can start tinkering with the rush now yayyyyyy