• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

I just don't get why people are buggin over it, it's not even an issue or bug, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing...

Its just one of those things someone noticed. Your right its not a big deal. But when someone finds an "issue" and says something that is the only way to see if it is wide spread or isolated. Your still correct as it not being an issue just something different from the norm. Chill out. That's how we ALL learn.

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
I just don't get why people are buggin over it, it's not even an issue or bug, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing...

Take it easy bro is not that big of a deal, I'm just pointing something out from one of your previous comments... we are all here to learn , comment, fix , whatever...
Sry if any of the comments brother you bro hope your day gets fixed ...good day

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
i was wonering is anyone having the same problem i am... im running megatron 6.0.4 with the oc kernel and i have an extended battery .... now the problem im having is that the phone randomly shuts off id go to grab my phone to see if i have any texts or missed calls and its off i turn it back on and it says i still says 80% battery or some other number id like to know if anyone else is experiencing this or is it just my phone if other people are is there a fix?

Upvote 0
i was wonering is anyone having the same problem i am... im running megatron 6.0.4 with the oc kernel and i have an extended battery .... now the problem im having is that the phone randomly shuts off id go to grab my phone to see if i have any texts or missed calls and its off i turn it back on and it says i still says 80% battery or some other number id like to know if anyone else is experiencing this or is it just my phone if other people are is there a fix?

Sounds like a battery issue since a friend of mine had pretty much the same issue till he change the battery , I'm maybe wrong!. btw is your phone oc ? If so from what i have read on this forum anything over 1.5 may cause problems ...I'm oc @1.6 no problems so far

Reactions: Slayer72
Upvote 0
nvm i found out the problem the extended battery was slightly smaller than the stock length wise and wiggled in the phone so when it was bumped it disconnected so i just took a small amount of tape and used it as a filler on the battery and it held it in alright i tapped it on my knee a couple times and it didn't shut off so i think its fixed

Upvote 0
Hey chev or slayer or whoever answers this, I've had a very frustrating problem with this rom. Everytime I restart my phone I lose all my widgets on home screen, linkk2sd fails to mount sd script and does not show anymore that it fails to mount and and I end up having to reboot numerous times just to get my sd partition read by link2sd and phone. I love this rom but this is really getting on my last nerve. So can anybody help me with this problem? Or is anybody else having this problem as well. I did what slayer72 said and still no fix.

Upvote 0
My card is a class 2 so I guess that sux. But I did wat u said again and I just made things worse. I rebooted phone and got the mount script warning, rebooted again and phone went beserk. Only thing that showed up was my gmail app and no notification bar no open app panels no nothing. Even when I hit the power button to turn it off it immediately shut off without a delay like it normal would. Powered on phone again and it mounted. Had to replace home widget. Don't know what the hell the prob is. Do I really have to partition my sd card for this rom or can I just use it like a stock rom would. I'm just gonna not turn my phone off or reboot if I don't have to

Upvote 0
My card is a class 2 so I guess that sux. But I did wat u said again and I just made things worse. I rebooted phone and got the mount script warning, rebooted again and phone went beserk. Only thing that showed up was my gmail app and no notification bar no open app panels no nothing. Even when I hit the power button to turn it off it immediately shut off without a delay like it normal would. Powered on phone again and it mounted. Had to replace home widget. Don't know what the hell the prob is. Do I really have to partition my sd card for this rom or can I just use it like a stock rom would. I'm just gonna not turn my phone off or reboot if I don't have to

No you don't have to partition your sd card ...just use it like "stock rom would " sit back and watch the end of your problem ... :D

Reactions: twistedgeminid
Upvote 0
I ended up replacing my 16gb class 2 card for a 32gb class 10 for 28.50 at newegg. There might be even better deals now, given that the price for tech has a tendency to trend down after time.

But anyway, I was having the same issue, and I needed more space anyway, so to rule out the card class, I bought a new one. I'm not sure if it has any bearing, but I noticed Mavrikmeercat's instructions say to tell Link2SD that the partition is EXT4, but when you use CWM, it actually formats it to EXT3. Using FAT works as well (that's what I have my 1GB partion formatted to), and I don't know how exactly it has any bearing, but ALWAYS TURN THE PHONE OFF BEFORE REMOVING THE SD CARD, AND DON'T TURN IT BACK ON TILL THE CARD IS BACK IN PLACE!!! For some reason, playing with the card while the phone is on breaks the links or something. Just some fun stuff I figured out when trying to fix this problem, myself. Hope it helps. :)

Upvote 0
Android's fle structure is ext3, but it should be able to read ext2, ext3 and ext4 as well as FAT16 an FAT32. so far i think NTFS is still out of the question (at least over in cyanogenmod land)and i cant say anything about Apples file system. i think if you have something that is ext4, the phone will treat it like ext3. when MegaTron came out i had reformatted and partitioned my card with ext4 like mav said and it works fine for the most save for some occasional broken links like people have reported. idk if this helps clear some stuff up or whatever but im bord and waiting for class to start so yeah lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones